Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Today's Cup: Guatemala Huehuetenango - La Miravilla

The Guatemala Huehuetenango tastes great. It's a smooth cup with a lot of flavor. At one point I thought I detected an almost peppery quality. It certainly makes for a lively cup of coffee! The flavor is distinct and interesting.


My friend Mike had a surprised look on his face when he tried this. At first I thought he didn't like it, but he says he was just trying to figure out if he liked it or not. "There is so much going on in that cup!" was one of his comments. He thought the coffee tasted of cinnamin and chocolate. I asked him if he would consider buying this bean and he said "I might". Which to me is practically an admission that he like it! (Unfortunately it looks like Sweet Maria's is sold out so he won't be buying any of this coffee anyway! But maybe something similar will come on the market soon...)


Rich is out of the office today, which is too bad because he usually has an interesting perspective. Maybe tonight I will roast a 1/2 cup of something he's tried for tomorrow (when I work from home). That way I can bring in another thermous of this roast on Thursday. (Mike and I will just have to suffer through a boring repeat :-P )

No comments: