Monday, May 22, 2006

Today's Cup: Matadakad Private Estate Peaberry

This morning I am drinking coffee brewed from the beans I roasted last night. This is a very good coffee. You can read Sweet Maria's review here. At this roast the cup is incredibly smooth and pleasant, with just a hint of sweetness and nutiness. The aroma is subtle but pleasing and definitely enhances the drinking experience.

My buddy Mike asked for seconds, which is a great compliment. I still haven't tested this on Rich, the third leg of our coffee tasting tripod.

Tonight I get to roast again! I might roast a full cup this time, since I will be working from home on Wednesday. I like to have a different coffee every time I come into work, but on days I work from home I revisit beans. So that means I can either roast a full cup of something new, or I can do 1/2 cup of something new and then roast a bean I've already shared on Tuesday evening.

It is getting close to time for me to order new green beans. I will either go to Sweet Maria's or Cate's.

No comments: