Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Today's Roast: Java Private Estate Type Prince

This is the 2nd time I've roasted this bean and the first time it was delicious. Luckily for you, the first roast was on May 7, which is before I started this blog, so you don't have to feel obligated to go read that entry. Instead, you should call me and I'll fax you the page from my paper journal. (Ha ha)


This time I roasted a tad lighter than the first time, and I used an unmodified Sweet Maria's roast curve. That's right: today's roast was an entire cup, because on May 7 I just roasted 1/2 a cup. (Each of the 1/2 pound sampler bags is a cup and a half, which comes out to three pots or 30 cups of brewed coffee, and this Private Estate Java is from one of those samplers.)


Anyway, the 1st crack came in at -3:30 and continued until about -2:11. The second started at -1:08 and I stopped the roast at -:58.


I am finally starting to whittle away at the number of sampler bags I have. This is great news, because with them out of the way I'll be able to order more coffee!


Yay!

No comments: