Thursday, June 22, 2006

Today's Roast: Kenya Mchana Lot 405 Peaberry


I am trying another cup of the Kenya lot 405. The roast curve was Sweet Maria's standard. The first snap came at -3:00 and I stopped the roast at -1:00.


Last time I roasted this bean, I modified the Sweet Maria's roast by reducing the last stage by a minute. I also stopped the roast at -:30, so, adjusting for the minute I had already taken off of the roast curve, that is like stopping the roast at -1:30.


This time, I did not modify the roast and stopped the roast at -1:00. This gives me an net +:30 of roast time for this roast. Hopefully it will be an improvement over the last roast, which some did not like. (I eventually did like it but it was definitely not love at first sip.) I will know if the extra half a minute matters once I taste Saturday morning's cup.

No comments: