Saturday, July 22, 2006

Today's Cup: Kenya Dorman AA

This is the Kenyan that I roasted on the 19th. This roast is darker than I have ever taken a Kenyan, and more delicious than any I have ever roasted. In fact, now I am a little disappointed that I didn't include any Kenyan in my last order! At this roast, the acidity is toned down to a reasonable level and the coffee has a nice depth to it, and more chewiness than my previous attempts at roasting Kenyans.


Green Beans


As I wrote the other day, I just received a shipment of new green beans. So far I have roasted one batch of the Guatemalan and brewed none of the new coffees. I am anxious to taste yesterday's roast, and looking forward to trying the other coffees, too. But, alas! The new shipment of coffee is not enough to satisfy my adiction; I was already browsing my favorite coffee shopping site before I had even roasted my first batch!

The thing that drives me crazy is that there are so many coffees out there to try. And the coffees change from year to year, like fine wines, so each season's beans are unlike the previous season's. How can I possibly drink them all? And, more to the point, how am I going to pay for it?

No comments: