Sunday, August 20, 2006

Today's Roast: A Study of Organic Mexico Oaxaca "Finca El Olivo"

This is another study, this time of the Mexican. I currently have four green beans in stock and of those I am studying three. And why not study the Guatamalan and make it 4/4? Because I will never ever ever roast that bean any differently then I did the last time. Consider that roast a single-roast study!

But, back to the Oaxacan:

August 16, 2006



I roasted a cup at preset 1. I heard the 1st crack at about -3:15 and I stopped this roast at -1:15. This cup was too bright at this roast for my liking, although Mike claimed that he tasted nothing wrong. (He likes the milder roasts more than I.)

August 18, 2006



I roasted a cup at preset #1, and saw the 1st crack at -3:19 until -1:50. Stopped the roast at -1:15. A pretty good cup at this roast but still too bright.

I will return to this bean later and will roast it darker in future.

No comments: