Wednesday, July 12, 2006

This Week's Cups: Costa Rican and Kenya AA Dorman

Today I'm going to talk about my two last roasts, the Costa Rica Tres Rios and the Kenya AA Dorman.

The Kenya came out quite good. I could taste the brightness that is the distinguishing characteristic of Kenyans but did not find the acidity overpowering. I also detected a faint cinnamon aftertaste. Even so, this is not one of my favorite coffees. I still prefer the Indonesians and the Central Americans.

The Costa Rican turned out to be quite gentle, almost too gentle in fact. The total lack of bitter flavors in this coffee make me think that it might be good roasted a little darker, and I intend to try that next. Looking through my notes, I enjoyed this bean before at this very same roast, which makes this cup redundant! I will have to try it again either darker or lighter or (preferably) both.

Tonight I will be posting another roast. I do not know which bean I will be roasting yet but I am thinking something Asian might be nice...

No comments: